[Mailman-Users] Re: contents of qfiles/bad ?

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Mon Jan 13 07:15:52 CET 2003

At 15:01 -0600 1/12/2003, David Gibbs wrote:
>To add to the mystery, here's what the messages on the list contain after
>they've been sent through the conversion ...
>
>/root/z0cZVZ: Permission denied
>
>Mailman is owned by mailman, so I really don't think that's an issue.  And
>the qrunner processes are running as 'mailman'.

If you become root using su - and then su - mailman, what happens?
Output of
   whoami
   pwd
   ls -lad ~

It looks as if the moral equivalent of that su sequence is failing, leaving
the process running as mailman but with /root as the current working
directory OR as the directory referred to as ~.  Since mailman can't write
files into /root (on any sane system), bad things happen.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA