[Mailman-Users] Lists periodically vanishing

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 9 15:22:47 CET 2003

Interesting, so you have both archives working in parallel: Pipermail
and Mhonarc?  That sounds like a hack.

And I'm assuming that you are running a 2.0.x version install.

I think that if you upgrade to 2.1.x you will remove the problem.  The
ubiquitous qrunner was replaced with various sub-processes that each do
individual tasks - one such task is archiving.

An other alternative is to copy the archive MBox periodically to a
separate location and then point Mhonarc to the copy of Mbox, then it
won't hold open the one used by Pipermail when Mhonarc does its
re-indexing and discovery of new messages.

I run Mhonarc differently.  I simply subscribe a local user to my list
and let Mhonarc use the mbox from the local user.  You might think about
that as an alternative for yourself.

Good Luck!