[Mailman-Users] cron daemon error on FreeBSD 4.7

C Burchell chris at burchellfamily.ca
Wed Jan 8 04:55:54 CET 2003

Hello - I'm new to Mailman.

I have just recently installed mailman 2.0.12 on a FreeBSD 4.7 system
using the pkg_add feature.

I believe I have successfully configured the majority of the software
package, but ever since I ran the '/usr/local/mailman/cron/crontab.in' I
have been receiving the following e-mail message every minute:

**************************************
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 276, in ?
    lock.lock(timeout=0.5)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 219, in lock
    self.__write()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 350, in __write
    fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/local/mailman/locks/qrunner.lock.devilbear.kumacommunications.net.
14720'
**************************************

/usr/local/ mailman dir entry reads as:

drwxrwsr-x  18 root  mailman  512 <date> mailman

Almost everything under /usr/local/mailman reads:
(only expection is number of links in ls -l listing of some items)

drwxrwsr-x  2 root  91  512 <date> <dirname>

I apologize that if this has been addressed on this list before, but I
have been so far unable to find a searchable archive of the
Mailman-Users list.

Any help / guidance to solve the issue above would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Chris