[Mailman-Users] MM 2.1 -- another qrunner crash

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Tue Jan 7 21:58:46 CET 2003

barry at python.org said:
>     | IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call
> Just that something's wrong with your mail server, or the connection
> between it and Mailman, or something sent the qrunner process a signal
> while it was in the middle of talking to your mail server.

I kind of figured it was something like that ... although MM 2.0.13 never
encountered problems like this (that I knew of).  I did, however, recently
upgrade to Redhat 8.0.

I have noticed that, on occasion, I have a sendmail task that will sit for
extended periods of time in 'data' mode ... the PS entry looks like this:

31445 ?    S  0:02 sendmail: h07Knsb2031445 localhost [127.0.0.1]: data

When I looked at the mail queue file's associated with id
"h07Knsb2031445", they were defintely associated with the mailing list.

> Try this patch; it won't avoid the interrupted system call, but it
> ought to handle the situation more gracefully (assuming it's a
> transient problem).

I'll give it a try ... but even after I applied the patch, I saw the hung
task again.

Thanks!

david

--