[Mailman-Users] problems with different chatsets (footer gets attached if different)

Ben Gertzfield che at debian.org
Tue Jan 7 21:43:35 CET 2003

Sebastian Talmon wrote:

>I'm sorry, but with this path the headers are set correct, but
>MS Outlook still shows the footer as a pseudo-Attachement
>(giving it the name ATT00010.txt or so)

Then it's definitely an MS Outlook bug, and there's not a whole lot we
can do until Mailman gets fully internationalizable headers/footers with
many charsets possible per list instead of the "one charset for headers
and footers per list" it currently has.

Sorry about this!  You should report the bug to Microsoft; ignoring
Content-Disposition (which is admittedly an optional specification)
violates RFC 2183, which has been available since August 1997.  They're
6 years out of date!

Ben