[Mailman-Users] Debian package problems (2.1-3)

Jonathan Ah Kit ahkitj at jnawk.net.nz
Mon Jan 6 07:46:43 CET 2003

Hi,

I've thought about posting this to a Debian list, but after poking through
the Mailman list, I thought I'd try here first. This upgrade has been my
summer project before I wander back to t-coll -- thanks for a wonderful
package, it's given me hours of enjoyment learning. :) Anyway -- could
someone please help me with this?

Basically, I've tried installing the latest sid package (2.1-3), and in
the middleish of the install process over 2.0.13-2, I got some Python
errors, this being the last of many before the installation appeared to
freeze:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 270, in ?
    main()
  File "/var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 230, in main
    qrunner.run()
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 59, in run
    filecnt = self._oneloop()
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 88, in _oneloop
    msg, msgdata = self._switchboard.dequeue(filebase)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 144, in
dequeue
    data = self._ext_read(dbfile)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 245, in
_ext_read
    dict = marshal.load(fp)
EOFError: EOF read where object expected

Doing dpkg-reconfigure mailman doesn't seem to help things along.

Poking around after that, I know I can create lists, subscribe to them and
a couple other things, but I can't post. This was the bounce I got from an
already-existing list:

  test-1 at lists.electric.gen.nz
    Child process of list_transport transport returned 69 (could mean
service or program
unavailable) from command:
    /var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper

I didn't get anything from a list I'd just created (test-4). Also,
archives appear to be unavailable; I don't appear to have permission over
HTTP to get at them.

I'm not sure what other details people out there would want to help me,
but all help y'all could give would be appreciated thanks. :)

Regards,
Jonathan.

--
Jonathan Ah Kit - Lower Hutt - New Zealand
jonathan at ah-kit.dropbear.id.au - http://www.ah-kit.dropbear.id.au/