[Mailman-Users] Install issue on Mac OS 10.2.3

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sun Jan 5 00:24:56 CET 2003

At 17:30 +0100 1/2/2003, Jean-Michel Biraghi wrote:
>I forgot to install the Developer Tools indeed.

Note that since the Developer Tools CD packed with "Jaguar" there have been
a small but critical update, and more recently a complete new release
(December 2002 Developer Tools).  Hope you have a fast connection...it's a
300+ meg download [1].  (You can get a CD shipped for $19.95 plus tax.)
But since you want Mailman, you likely have a fast connection.

You need to be a "member" of one of Apple's developer programs, but the
free (on-line) level is sufficient.  Do read the license agreement...there
may be some things that turn you away.

http://www.apple.com/
and click on the little Developer widget to get started.

I'm not sure which of the three releases is best for building.

(It's impossible to provide a direct URL to the download.)

  --John

[1]  I have a 56K frame connection.  I took my Windows/Linux laptop to the
office basement (my ISP, where I work) and exercised our in-house 1mb DLS
connection for the download (doing that avoided impacting customer
traffic).   Into the Linux side of the laptop.   It was about 45 minutes at
a reported 119.5 KB per second.  Then I came home and moved the file to the
Mac over Ethernet with scp, and burned a CD.
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA