[Mailman-Users] 2.1 Install Issues

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Jan 4 08:00:46 CET 2003

    DL> On most directories, each file to be installed is enumerated
    DL> and installed within a loop, however, for the icons directory,
    DL> the Makefile seems to rely on wildcard matching.  That may not
    DL> be a valid assumption.

Could be a GNU Make-ism.  Maybe Solaris's make doesn't do wildcarding?
(It's been too long since I've been on Solaris and I'm too tired right
now to look it up. ;).

    DL> On the line that installs the template subdirectories, the
    DL> 'install-sh -c' line has '-m 644 instead of '-m 664', so that
    DL> may also be a Makefile issue.

That's correct for the files inside the template subdirs.

    DL> As for the messages subdirectories, those appear to be created
    DL> with simple calls to mkdir rather than install and they don't
    DL> appear to have permissions being set at all.

Actually, both should be created by the mkinstalldirs script in the
top level source directory.

I'll have to try to find some time to build Mailman on the Solaris box
in the SF compile farm.

-Barry