[Mailman-Users] Passwords of members UPDATE

Steve Rifkin steve410 at cs.jhu.edu
Fri Jan 3 15:58:35 CET 2003

> What are you using for Password authentication on your system?  Are you
> using PAMs?  What does your /etc/nsswitch.conf file look like (are you
> using NIS)?

NIS is used, but the mailman user account info is local to the web server.
Mailman's home directory, though, is shared between the web server and the mail
server.

Some nsswitch.conf entries:

passwd:     compat
group:      files nis
hosts:      dns nis [NOTFOUND=return] files
netgroup:   nis
automount:  files nis
aliases:    files nis

But again, I never had the list-admin authentication problem until I upgraded
the Apache server.  Whether the mailman list config databases before the apache
upgrade had the nobody user set, I do not know.  What could have changed from
doing the apache upgrade?  The user that CGI scripts get run by?  Our
cgi-scripts are working ok.

Steve Rifkin
steve410 at cs.jhu.edu