[Mailman-Users] Race condition with summary moderation screen?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Jan 3 07:52:54 CET 2003

I just upgraded to 2.1 and noticed an interesting race condition with
the summary version of the moderation page.

Take this timeline:

 1) user at example.com sends 3 messages to the list
 2) moderator visits summary moderation page and sees the 3 messages
 3) user at example.com sends another message to the list
 4) moderator clicks "discard" and submits

The end result is that Mailman discards 4 messages, including the
latest one that the moderator did not get to see.

This does not happen with the old-style "details" version of the
moderation page.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/