[Mailman-Users] vhosts (does it ever end?)

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Jan 2 22:44:28 CET 2003

    Under MM2.0.x I created separate installations for different virtual
hosts.  This allowed me to create the same list name, on a different
virtual host without having mailman conflict.  Now, with MM2.1, how
should I continue to do this?  I have one single machine that hosts
several domains.  I need to be able to create the same list name across
different domains, and have them behave as separate lists as well.  So,
test at virtual.domain1.com and test at virtual.domain2.com should be two
separate lists.  Since I'm using sendmail, and I make use of
 virtusertable, I need to specify each mailto address for sendmail to
accept mail properly.  Keeping all of this in mind, can, or will MM2.1
be able to do same-name list virtual hosting, or am I better off
continuing my old setup of multiple MM installations, one for each
virtual domain?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.