[Mailman-Users] Mailman.pythonlib.nntplib.NNTPTemporaryError: 400 load at 17, try later

Hansen Martin F32144 at Danfoss.com
Wed Jan 1 14:34:35 CET 2003

Can somone clarify me on this error message. I can see that some kind of
load is over some kind of limit but what load and what limit?
I get this error every 1 to 5 minuttes.

Below is the complete error message the only thing that changes in the error
messages is the "load at" value it varries somewhere betwen 17 an 22.
--------
Subject: Cron <mailman at mars> /usr/bin/python -S /var/mailman/cron/gate_news

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/var/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 222, in ?
    main()
  File "/var/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 203, in main
    process_lists(lock)
  File "/var/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 148, in process_lists
    conn, first, last = open_newsgroup(mlist)
  File "/var/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 75, in open_newsgroup
    password=mm_cfg.NNTP_PASSWORD)
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/pythonlib/nntplib.py", line 117, in __init__
    self.welcome = self.shortcmd('mode reader')
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/pythonlib/nntplib.py", line 210, in shortcmd
    return self.getresp()
  File "/var/mailman/Mailman/pythonlib/nntplib.py", line 184, in getresp
    raise NNTPTemporaryError(resp)
Mailman.pythonlib.nntplib.NNTPTemporaryError: 400 load at 17, try later

--
    ##
    ##
 |  /\  |  Phone: 7488 5462