[Mailman-Users] Ending a list..

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Fri Feb 28 18:48:04 CET 2003

On Friday, Feb 28, 2003, at 11:48 US/Eastern, Todd wrote:
> Jon Carnes wrote:
>> That would work.  I would also delete the aliases and with the
>> web-admin
>> mark the list as private.
> Wouldn't doing so prevent access to the archives?  I read Carl's
> message to
> mean that he wanted the list archives to remain accessible.  If the
> archives
> are public, this is really simple with rmlist.  If they're private, I'm
> curious how that'll work, as I can't recall ever having done it.

But, what happens if at some other time you do a bin/arch --wipe
<listname>?  Are the .mbox files kept around to rebuild the web
archives from, or would they also go with a rmlist?  If they're wiped,
then the first suggestion (remove all users, require authorization to
join list), plus removing the aliases, would probably be best.

---
Steve Huston - Unix Systems Admin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |     ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285
    126 Peyton Hall     |"On my ship, the Rocinante, wheeling through
  Princeton, NJ   08544 | the galaxies; headed for the heart of Cygnus,
    (609) 258-7375      | headlong into mystery."  -Rush, 'Cygnus X-1'