[Mailman-Users] newsletter list welcome message

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 26 02:57:30 CET 2003

Just in case you have not figured this one out yet...

FAQ 3.11 refers to Mailman version 2.1.x

The directory  "/usr/local/mailman/lists" already exists.  In that
directory you will find subdirectories that are the same as the names of
your lists.

If you have a list named "goober" then you will have a directory:
  /usr/local/mailman/lists/goober

You will also see that there is a file:
  /usr/local/mailman/templates/en/subscribeack.txt

You can copy the entire "en" subdirectory over to your lists
subdirectory (your list does not yet have an "en" subdirectory).
After that, you can edit the files in there and have them be specific to
your list.  Neat feature!

Good Luck!

Jon Carnes