[Mailman-Users] How are the URLs in the webinterface built?

Goeran Zaengerlein goeran at zaengerlein.de
Tue Feb 25 12:49:34 CET 2003

Hello everyone,

I installed Mailman 2.1.1 on my Suse 8.1 Linux box (together with Apache
and Postfix).

The installation went smooth, except that the webinterface does not work
as expected: when I go to the administration of a list (in my case:
lists.mydomain.info/admin.cgi/listname) the URLs on the page are contain
the hostname of my linuxbox instead of the the domainname I put in the
respective variables in mm_cfg.py. Here is an excerpt from mz mm_cfg.py:

--- snip ---
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mydomain.info'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.mydomain.info'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/'

# For backwards compatibility.  Note: DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN must end in a
slash!
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
DEFAULT_URL       = DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN % DEFAULT_URL_HOST

--- snap ---

lists.mydomain.info is an Apache virtual host and points to
"/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin".

Here the excerpt from my httpd.conf:

--- snip ---
<VirtualHost 123.123.123.123>
ServerName lists.mydomain.info
DocumentRoot /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin
Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
Alias /icons/ /usr/local/mailman/icons/
Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
</VirtualHost>
--- snap ---

The hostname of my system is "1234567890.pureserver.info".

Can anyone tell me why the URLs in the administration pages use that
hostname instead of the DEFAULT_URL_HOST i specified? The problem is,
like this the webinterface does not work for me.

Thanks a lot for your help,
regards,
Goeran