[Mailman-Users] auto-discard/purge to an announce list?

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Tue Feb 25 00:42:04 CET 2003

* Jonathan Ah Kit (ahkitj at jnawk.net.nz) wrote:
> I am back running the sarge/testing Debian package (2.0.13, IIRC) of
> Mailman, and I'm wondering if there's a way to either auto discard all
> admindb requests? The rationale is that I run mostly announce lists at the
> moment, and with just confirm subscribes, I shouldn't need to approve
> anything at all, including the posts from only explicit address (which has
> been set).

Check FAQ 1.12

> On another related matter: I had to quickly downgrade this week by doing a
> quick archive backup and dpkg --purge. Next time I try the sid Debian
> package, anyone have some general tips on the upgrade? (Other than keeping
> a 2.0.13 config and db backup...)

Upgrade should be smooth.  Did you downgrade due to a problem?  If so what
was it?

And its good to backup $prefix/lists $prefix/archives $prefix/data

And in case you have custom web pages/messages, $prefix/templates and
$prefix/messages

And if your the paraniod sysadmin type..  just backup all of $prefix/

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Catch-23: Complete the previous catch before proceeding to this step.