[Mailman-Users] Digests for this list

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Fri Feb 21 15:41:29 CET 2003

Warren,

How do you set up digests on the lists you run?

Because the related question is why the Mailman 2.1 defaults are to send
a digest when it hits a certain size (30 K).

I can't speak for Barry, but in deference to people with slow email
access, keeping the size of each digest down makes it easier to download
them.  Though one can argue that there is little difference between one
90 K digest in a day and 3 30 K digests in a day.

Thanks for your message, since I hadn't noticed I was sending out
multiple digests every day, too.  So I went and changed the maximum size
to 500 K, and checked to send a digest out every day whether you hit the
size or not.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own