[Mailman-Users] From: header

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Wed Feb 19 20:42:01 CET 2003

I am using version 2.0.10 of Mailman. A list administrator has asked that
the From: header show that all messages are coming from a specific address,
as there are 4 people who do all the sending. By setting the Reply-to:
Explicit Address, I can specify what address I want all replies to go to. I
can also see that I can hide the sender's address and show just the list
address. That gets me half way there. Is there a way to have all messages to
the list appear to be coming from one specific address other than the list
address no matter who is sending the message?

I also plan to upgrade Mailman soon and possibly there are some new changes
that I can take advantage of related to this issue.

Christopher Adams
Library Systems Analyst
Oregon State Library
503-378-4243  x258