[Mailman-Users] Automatically create/add/remove

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Feb 15 05:12:09 CET 2003

This could be done any number of ways.  I think the easiest would be to
script it.  The key here is what sets off the script and where does it
get its information.

If you can have the "other" application do a dump of the necessary info
into some temp space  then you could have a cron job trigger the
creation of the list and the addition of users.  Even better would be to
have the "other" application call the script with the info on the
command line.

If the "other" application uses a local database, then it would be a
snap to setup and run.

For help on writing the script you should explore the Mailman command
lines that are available in ~mailman/bin/..

Let me know if you need any help (sounds like a fun project) - Jon
Carnes