[Mailman-Users]

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 13 04:01:57 CET 2003

Don't know if this will help but those variables are normally defined
during the install.  You can set them in ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and
read about them in ~mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py

  # These directories are used to find various important files
  # in the Mailman installation.  PREFIX and EXEC_PREFIX are
  # set by configure and should point to the installation
  # directory of the Mailman package.
  PYTHON          = '/usr/bin/python'
  PREFIX          = '/usr/local/mailman'
  EXEC_PREFIX     = '${prefix}'
  VAR_PREFIX      = '/usr/local/mailman'

  # Work around a bogus autoconf 2.12 bug
  if EXEC_PREFIX == '${prefix}':
      EXEC_PREFIX = PREFIX

Looks like you have something fundamentally wrong with your install...

Jon Carnes