[Mailman-Users] How to change list to "unmoderated"

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Wed Feb 12 02:59:23 CET 2003

* John Davenport (john at sansaba.net) wrote:

> I have just become administrator for the maillist clergy at valleycluster.org
> hosted by pair.com.
> Presently this list is set to be moderated (all messages come to me with
> request to post, discard, etc). How to I change the configuration so the
> list is unmoderated (all messages automatically posted)? On the membership
> management page I see no flag to make a change.

Try looking under Privacy Options on the web admin pages.

Not sure about mailman 2.0, but for 2.1 there is a
'generic_nonmember_action' under 'Sender filters' on the Privacy Options
page If you set that to 'Accept' it'll allow anyone under the sun to post
to the list.

Then you can set all the users to unmoderated on the 'Membership Management'
page (at the bottom of the page there is an option to  'Set everyone's
moderation bit, including those members not currently visible' to On/Off.
Again this is for 2.1.

If you have 2.0, check under the Privacy Options.  There might be a few
options there.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Did you expect mere proof to sway my opinion?