[Mailman-Users] mass subscribe using script or cut/paste?

Andy Firman debian at firman.us
Tue Feb 11 05:08:30 CET 2003

I have 3,000 emails I need to get into a new Mailman mailing list.
Do you think I can cut and paste into the admin membership-
management interface?  I have no clue what it can handle.
I searched the archives but did not find anything similar to my question.

The box I am using is remote and I only have ssh access to it along
with the web management page of course.
I suppose I could use wget, ftp, or maybe scp to get the file
to the remote box to use the add_members script.  At this time I am not too
comfortable and confident doing something like that file transfer.

Has anyone pasted that many into the admin membership-management page?
How did it work?

Thanks,
Andy