[Mailman-Users] Configuring mailman for a future domain name

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Tue Feb 11 05:06:12 CET 2003

* Paul Kleeberg (paul at fpen.org) wrote:
> What you say is correct but won't that put a "legacy" URL into
> Default.py whereas if I used the (undocumented?) parameters below,
> would it build Default.py with the correct URLs and therefore
> eliminate the necessity to add the entry to mm_cfg.py?
>
> I suppose I should just shut-up and try it and see what happens...

That's correct.  By not modifing Defaults.py you put a 'legacy' url in there
so its posed to confuse the next admin that takes your place (heaven
forbid...).  But I believe thoes are there for example purporses, and your
not lucky enough to have the 'defaults' work.

You can edit Defaults.py, I personally see no harm in it other than it'll
break future source patches and maybe you'll forget working syntex's if you
mess something up.  But that's nothing that can't be solved by refering back
to the Defaults.py in the tarball.

Take it for what its worth, it was free...

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Interstellar Matter is a Gas