[Mailman-Users] Keeping subscription info in sync across servers

Morgan Jones mjones6 at commnav.com
Mon Feb 10 17:53:07 CET 2003

Ian,

What mail software are you using?  If you are going to build
redundancy into your list server you might want to think more about
building redundancy into your mail server..  That is more than one
mail server that accesses a central LDAP store or similar.

A few months back I posted a sol'n that ties mailman 2.0.x into
iPlanet Messenger (assuming you have that sort of budget).  It should
also be possible to plug it into sendmail, qmail or the like running
off a central LDAP store..  For example, what I'm geting at is that
with iMS you can multiple servers working off the same LDAP store..
it is, of course, a pricey solution.

Attempting to keep mailman's backend text files synced between servers
is sure to prove tricky..  I don't believe mailman has any built-in
redundancy.

-morgan