[Mailman-Users] Trapping "Out-of-office" Messages

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 17:19:05 CET 2003

The archives contain several clever ideas for this.  My favorite is to
front-end the mailing lists with a procmail script.  In the script look
for drivel that indicates the response is from a clueless fellow and
then redirect it to the admin (me) for a good stern warning note about
how-to setup an out of office message!

I liked another fellows approach; he already runs all his incoming mail
through spam-assassin so he added a few rules to trap these as spam. I
have to say that I agree with him that 99.9% of these messages are
completely unnecessary.

Jon Carnes