[Mailman-Users] Changing subscribe message for individual lists?

Ian Chilton ian at ichilton.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 14:52:08 CET 2003

Hello,

Please CC replies to ian at ichilton.co.uk - I am not subscribed :)

I was wondering if it was possible to change the text in the welcome
e-mail sent to users after subscribing, but just for certain lists.

I have some lists which are announcement lists and are set to moderator
approval required to stop anyone posting except the list manager.

However, when you subscribe to theses lists, you still get this in the
welcome mail:

  testlist at lists.ichilton.net

Which I dont want users to see for the announce lists but do for the
normal lists.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

--ian