[Mailman-Users] Two lists: info at domain1.tld and info at domain2.tld

Webmaster ST Frontier Fleet webmaster at frontierfleet.com
Mon Feb 10 11:00:10 CET 2003

> Hi,
> I want to use Mailman 2.1 for two lists:
>
> info at domain1.tld and info at domain2.tld
>
> As far as I understand, this is not posible with mailman.

Well, I've been using Mailman 2.0.x with
listname at domain.(tld1|tld2|tld3) so it should be possible to do it for
listname@(domain1|domain2).tld too. :-)

> Or is there a way to do it (e.g.modify aliases or Mailman List
Database?).

I'm assuming you already set up the list for one domain? Next you should
in indeed make sure that your mailserver sends the emails for the list
addresses at both domains to the necessary aliases. This will however
depend on your mailserver.

After you've done that mail should go to the list. However, you might
now notice that the list is only working at one address and keeping or
bouncing the mail at the other address. To fix this you have to visit
mailman/admin/<listname>/privacy/recipient
On that page you will find a box for acceptable_aliases, described as
"Alias names (regexps) which qualify as explicit to or cc destination
names for this list.". Just put in the listaddress at the second domain
(or for both domains), in there, and you should be on the go.

Good luck,
Kind regards,

Guido

_______________________________________

 ST Frontier Fleet
 To make each day count..

 We're not the best...
 ... we are just less worse

 http://www.frontierfleet.com
 http://www.frontierfleet.net
 http://www.frontierfleet.org
_______________________________________

Chakotay: "Whatever she wants us for it better be good. I had you right
where I wanted you"
Torres: "What are you talking about? I was ahead, 19 - 7"
Chakotay: "I was just lulling you into a false sense of security"
Torres: "Sure you were"
Chakotay "I'll win the next couple of points and then you'll start to
tense up"
Torres: "I don't tense up"
Chakotay: "Easy, B'Elanna, it's only hoverball"
 -- ST Voyager, "Maneuvers"