[Mailman-Users] Trouble getting htdig to work

Paul Kleeberg paul at fpen.org
Sun Feb 9 01:53:38 CET 2003

At 11:19 PM +0000 2/8/03, Richard Barrett wrote:
>At 22:57 08/02/2003, Paul Kleeberg wrote:
>>Hooray!  (And thank you)  It works!  ...but there is still a
>>troubling message...
>>

>>   htdig'ing archive of list: <listname>
>>   /usr/bin/rundig: line 48:  1425 Aborted     $BINDIR/htnotify $opts
>>    Warning:
>>          The following is a lengthly process, but it is run only
>>          the first time you start ht://Dig. Initializing database...
>>    Warning:
>>          The following is a lengthly process, but it is run only
>>          the first time you start ht://Dig. Initializing database...
>>   htfuzzy: Unable to open word database /var/lib/htdig/db.words.db
>>
>>Still that odd error.  Searching for the db.words.db file, I find:
>>
>>   /var/mailman/archives/private/<listname>/htdig/db.words.db
>>   /var/mailman/archives/private/<listname>/htdig/db.words.db_weakcmpr
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>Should I just live with the db.words.db issue?  Will it matter?
>
>This may be an htdig version related issue. The testing I did was
>with the 'production' htdig 3.1.6; that's what I am running on my
>'production' system. On checking the htdig.org web site, htdig 3.2
>still seems to be at beta status. But it appears from what you say
>that Redhat are including it as a 'production' RPM.

Looking at the information page for htfuzzy
http://www.htdig.org/htfuzzy.html it appears it can be instructed to
use a specified configuration file instead of the default.  I suspect
that would solve the above problem.  It appears it uses htdig.conf
instead of the list-specific config files found in htdig-mailman
where "database_dir: /var/mailman/archives/private/<listname>/htdig"

Just so you know, it is in the standard "everything" install of the
cheapest CD version of 8.0 but looking at the bottom of the search
result page on my newly htdigged site, I see:

   ht://Dig 3.2.0b4-20020505

Clearly beta.

Paul
Paul Kleeberg, M.D.              O   o          paul at fpen.org
Family Physicians' E-Net        -+---+-   Voice: 612-840-3744
5025 Mulcare Drive               |_o_|      Family Practice &
Columbia Heights, MN 55421 USA  / \|/ \  Information Services