[Mailman-Users] Normal mails changed to MIME mail

Matthias Juchem lists at konfido.de
Sat Feb 8 18:03:51 CET 2003

On Saturday, 8. February 2003 05:01, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MJ> I thought that the language setting only affects the language
>     MJ> and not the charset...
>
> It has to because the character set used must match the characters
> available in the selected language.

Ok.

Hmmm, maybe there should be two options:

- charset/language for mail messages
- language for web pages

or some other split of the one option preferred_language

Currently, it is not possible to have a German language web UI with an
English language list, is it?

Another alternative would be to have the ability to select a charset for the
mail messages indepently from the language and the recode messages to match
the charset...

Regards,
 Matthias