[Mailman-Users] Trouble getting htdig to work

Paul Kleeberg paul at fpen.org
Sat Feb 8 17:53:55 CET 2003

I am attempting to get htdig to work on a RedHat 8.0 system with
Apache 2.0, htdig 3.2.0 and Mailman 2.1

I installed the 4 patches (668685, 661138, 444879 & 444884) to
Mailman 2.1 to create the searchable archives for Mailman with htdig,
and then reinstalled mailman.  Created the link:

   ln -s /var/mailman/archives/htdig /etc/htdig-mailman

and in mm_cfg.py, to make this compatible with RH8 I added:

  HTDIG_RUNDIG_PATH  = '/usr/bin/rundig'

Then added:

  USE_HTDIG = 1

to mm_cfg.py

and then ran the indexing engine:

   /var/mailman/cron/nightly_htdig -v

and I get:

   /usr/bin/rundig: line 48:  1104 Aborted       $BINDIR/htnotify $opts
   htfuzzy: Unable to open word database /var/lib/htdig/db.words.db

but I would think htfuzzy should look in:

   /var/mailman/archives/private/<listname>/htdig/db.words.db

In addition, when I look at the source for the search form on an
archive page I see <form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch">.
But on my system, htsearch exists in /usr/bin.

What am I overlooking?

Paul
--
Paul Kleeberg