[Mailman-Users] qmail-to-mailman.py qmail vpopmail > bad combo?

Kjartan Mannes kjartan at zind.net
Fri Feb 7 13:33:16 CET 2003

Monday, February 3, 2003, 12:25:48 AM, df at dune.org wrote:
> while watching my /var/log/maillog i noticed the following: the
> qmail-to-mailman.py seems to grab correctly the incoming
> testlist at ml.domain.com email, but tryes to forward it to
> testlist-xxxxx at host.domain.com.. witch doesn't exist.

In qmail-to-mailman-py replace the line that says:

  local = re.sub("^mailman-","",local)

with:

  user = os.environ["USER"]
  local = re.sub("^" + user + "-","",local)

Also keep in mind that qmail and vpopmail run under different uids
normally which can cause some problems (not sure how the FreeBSD ports
handle this). I've found that using the qmail users/assign file a better
solution for pure mailing list vhosts than vpopmail.

--
Kjartan <kjartan at zind.net> (http://natrak.net/)
:: "Real programmers don't work from 9 to 5. If any real