[Mailman-Users] Delay?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 7 08:45:02 CET 2003

Hmm, without more detail we can't really help.  There are a lot of things
that affect speed.
One item is what version of Mailman that you are using: v 2.1 is faster.
Also in version 2.0.x some folks don't run the qrunner every minute, some
folks only run it every 5 minutes (or worse).
You could be experiencing DNS problems.  You could be using Sendmail as your
MTA and the first address on the list goes to a really slow mail server so
the rest of the mail bottle-necks behind the first couple of emails....
The emails may be overly large.  You may need more RAM in your machine.
Your server may be running a P90 for it's CPU.   You might have a dog-slow
out-bound internet connection..  You could be suffering quantum time slips
from leaving your tea bags in the hot water for too long (be careful where
you put those dangly bits...)

There are volumes of discussions like this in the archives.  Pick a month
and just start reading.  Good Luck - Jon Carnes