[Mailman-Users] What is python doing?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 6 16:32:04 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 06:43, Gareth Hopkins wrote:
> On 3 Feb 2003, Jon Carnes wrote:
>
> JC>Some guesses (since no information was provided):
> JC>  Mailman 2.0.x
> JC>  IDE disk subsystem
> JC>  Archiving turned on for list
> JC>
> JC>If that is the case, then Mailman is doing a lot of writing to the disk.
>
> Howdie,
>
> 	I have switched off archiving and the python process is still
> using over 98% CPU time. A truss on the process shows the following

I have no idea what a truss is (besides something you wear when you have
a hernia).

What kind of a system are running on (cpu, ram, amount of virtual memory
currently in use)?  How many messages/minute are you seeing pass through
your system?

Could it be that you are using a great deal of virtual memory (or even a
little on an IDE box)?

Jon Carnes