[Mailman-Users] confirmation-mail can't be send

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Thu Feb 6 02:29:34 CET 2003

* Daniel Schönland (daniel.schoenland at speeddoesmatter.com) wrote:
> I am new to the list, so if I'm asking something stupid, slap me in my
> back. =)

/me thinks about it...

> Today I installed mailman on my Debian (Sendmail 8.12.) using apt-get.
> Everything went well. Then I created a list and configured the aliases
> file like said by mailman.

Good, you said your MTA.
So you probably read README.SENDMAIL right?

>     ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd support_dk"
>      (reason: Service unavailable)
>      (expanded from: <support_dk-request at xxx>)
>
>     ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> smrsh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

But from this error you didn't read README.SENDMAIL.  But we're all guilty
of that.  How many of us really read a users manual before we crack open
something new and play with it (DVD Player/blender/printer/phone?).

So the command you should run is this.

# ln -s /var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper /etc/smrsh/wrapper

It should fix your troubles.

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Useless Invention: Ice skate sandals, for use in hot climates.