[Mailman-Users] Can't admin pending messages -- me too

James Devenish j-devenish at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 5 01:46:52 CET 2003

In message <1044370687.2294.4.camel at Anns1.nc.rr.com>
on Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:58:02AM -0500, Jon Carnes wrote:
>    If you redirect a POST using mod_redirect, you lose

Yes, that is what appears to be happening. It seems that the admindb web
forms (and e-mail to list admins) point to the (old) address. The other
admin forms, such as 'admin' use relative URLs and work fine. So for
some reason, parts of the lists think they are at the old address (even
though I had updated the mm_cfg.py during the move). I had a look at the
list's (in fact all lists') config.pck files and I can see the old
addresses sitting there. The variable is web_page_url. However, I am yet
to find mention of this anywhere in the Mailman admin interface (so I
don't know how to change it). So I have three problems:

 - old web address has been stored in config.pck and therefore
   overlooked in our move, since we only changed mm_cfg.py
 - admindb behaves differently to admin
 - can't find a way to change web_page_url on a list-by-list
   using the web admin interface, even though the
   config_list, move_list, withlist scripts will
   possibly do this right (looking into it now).