[Mailman-Users] Disabling VERP

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 10:38:53 CET 2003

At 00:08 04/02/2003, Tom Maddox wrote:
>So, is it possible to disable the VERP functionality in some fashion?  My
>users would prefer to have regular From: and Reply-to: headers, not the
>irritating VERP ones.  I'm hesitant to make changes to the VERP_FORMAT and
>VERP_REGEXP lines in mm_cfg.py without knowing precisely what effect doing
>so will have, plus I'm not entirely sure that those are the lines I should
>be changing.
>
>TIA,
>
>Tom
>
>Tom Maddox, BOFH, SCSA, MCSE (it hurts!)
>There, Inc. <http://www.there.com>

You shouldn't need to change VERP_FORMAT and VERP_REGEXP to disable VERP'ing

The following variables should disable VERP'ed return addresses:

VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = 0
VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 0
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 0
VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = 0

If these are set so (installation default ??) then your users shouldn't be
seeing VERP'ed return addresses