[Mailman-Users] 2.1 FreeBSD cgi setup problem

Chris Tomlinson chris at moonvine.org
Mon Feb 3 17:42:32 CET 2003

I'm trying to run Mailman 2.1 on a FreeBSD 4.4 virtual private server
installation and have encountered a cgi related setup problem.

I configured using --with-cgi-gid, --with-username, --with-groupname,
--with-mail-gid and did the make with DIRSETGID=:

I ran check_perms until no problems.

I updated mm_cfg.py, httpd.conf for ScriptAlias and so forth and am
using "MTA = 'Manual'".

I created the newlist mailman and got the email notification of success.

My problem comes when I try to access any of the scripts (in particular
'create' and 'listinfo' and 'admin') in <mailman-prefix>/cgi-bin. I get
the following response:

     Mailman CGI error!!!
     The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is
being stored in your syslog:

     No such file or directory

I assume a permissions error somewhere but I'm unfamiliar with the
internals of Mailman - I've happily used Mailman 2.0.6 on Linux but
this is my first experience with 2.1 and FreeBSD.

Any help will be appreciated.

ciao,
Chris