[Mailman-Users] What is python doing?

Gareth Hopkins gareth at uunet.co.za
Mon Feb 3 16:08:07 CET 2003

On 3 Feb 2003, Jon Carnes wrote:

JC>Some guesses (since no information was provided):
JC>  Mailman 2.0.x
JC>  IDE disk subsystem
JC>  Archiving turned on for list
JC>
JC>If that is the case, then Mailman is doing a lot of writing to the disk.

Howdie,

	Ah yes, a little info that may have helped.

	Mailman is version 2.1

	I am running an IDE Mirror. The disks seem pretty quick doing
around 30 Meg a second.

[root] /archives # dd if=/dev/zero of=foo bs=1024k count=100
100+0 records in
100+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 3.218110 secs (32583596 bytes/sec)

and archiving is turned on on all the lists.

---
Gareth Hopkins
Server Operations
UUNET South Africa
(o) +27.21.658.8700
(f) +27.21.658.8552
(m) +27.82.929.6668
http://www.uunet.co.za
08600 UUNET (08600 88638)

"The contents of this e-mail and any accompanying documentation is
confidential and any use thereof, in whatever form, by anyone other
than the addressee for whom it is intended, is strictly prohibited."