[Mailman-Users] missing config file

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 3 01:17:13 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 18:32, Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
> Hi All--
>
> Jon Carnes wrote:
> >
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that MAILMAN_SITE_LIST in
> > ~mailman/Mailman/.. referred to a mailing list name.  In this case the
> > mailing list name that is used as the From address for such things as
> > password reminders.
> >

> I managed to figure that one out the first time that my passwords didn't
> get sent out, and I even managed to sweet talk it into sending them
> late.  But is the only purpose of the "mailman" list to make sure the
> passwords go out?  Does anyone else get to be on the list, or is it
> reserved for the elite of one?
>
> Metta,
> Ivan

Well the purpose of the list is to receive feedback (bounces) from
administrative messages (password info) sent out by Mailman.  It's
purpose will grow as Mailman grows.

You can assign any number of addresses to the list.  A really big site
might have 20 or more folks on the list.  At the last place I worked, we
would have three people on the list, since three of us managed the
lists.

Jon Carnes