[Mailman-Users] cron/senddigests error

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Sun Feb 2 19:58:06 CET 2003

I suppose I may have created this problem by commenting out the
inclusion of all but from, to, cc and subject in
/mailman/handlers/ToDigest.py, but it hasn't created problems for any
other lists, or previous digests. This error message came today:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
     main()
   File "/Users/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
     mlist.send_digest_now()
   File "/Users/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in send_digest_now
     ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
   File "/Users/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 129, in
send_digests
     send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
   File "/Users/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 290, in
send_i18n_digests
     g(msg, unixfrom=0)
   File "/Users/mailman/pythonlib/email/Generator.py", line 100, in
flatten
     self._write(msg)
   File "/Users/mailman/pythonlib/email/Generator.py", line 128, in
_write
     self._dispatch(msg)
   File "/Users/mailman/pythonlib/email/Generator.py", line 154, in
_dispatch
     meth(msg)
   File "/Users/mailman/pythonlib/email/Generator.py", line 212, in
_handle_text
     raise TypeError, 'string payload expected: %s' % type(payload)
TypeError: string payload expected: <type 'list'>

Comments in the ToDigest.py refer to the /qfiles/digest directory which
doesn't seem to exist. I can manually send digests for all but one list
w/o errors. The archives for the misbehaving list seem to be fine. What
should I be looking for?

Thanks

Dan