[Mailman-Users] master-qrunner.pid

VLists.Net Support Support at VLists.Net
Sun Feb 2 18:26:48 CET 2003

We've had several instances lately where Mailman 2.1 just dies silently and
no more mail goes out.  I've resorted to putting a cron job in that
restarts mailmanctl but when that happens I get the following returned...

Shutting down Mailman's master qrunner
PID unreadable in: /usr/home/circle/usr/local/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid
[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/usr/home/circle/usr/local/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid'
Is qrunner even running?

Sure enough, the pid file is missing, and the restart has no effect.  I
have to actually stop mailmanctl and then start it.  Not a restart, but a
stop/start process.  Then everything in the qfiles/in gets processed and it
goes on its way again for a few hours until it dies.

I'm running Python 2.1.3 and Mailman 2.1 Final on FreeBSD 4.4

Any ideas?