[Mailman-Users] Personalization Options

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 2 05:52:49 CET 2003

This is from the archives... A message from Sheryl Coe:

Here's my own humble how-to, assembled shamelessly from previous posts
to this Mailman list.

<#> WHAT PERSONALIZATION LOOKS LIKE

> This personalization example is from this Mailman list (urls are not
real, do not click):
This message was sent to: test8 at subscriber.net
Unsubscribe or change your options at
http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/test8%40subscriber.net
> This is what I recommend (urls are not real, do not click):

For all lists you are subscribed to at
   lists.listdomain.net
under the email address
   test8 at subscriber.net
your current password is
   notarealpass
<#> CHANGES YOU MAKE TO THE mm_cfg.py FILE

I pasted the lines below to make personalization possible.
 From the FAQ: Q. Can I put the user's address in the footer that
Mailman adds to each message?
A. Yes, in Mailman 2.1. The site admin needs to enable personalization
by setting the following variables in the mm_cfg.py file

VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = 1 VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 1
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1 VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = 1
If you want to give the power to your list owners:
OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = 1
<#> HOW TO SET UP PERSONALIZATION FOR LIST ADMINS

It's all done in the NON-DIGEST OPTIONS screen:

<#><#>Go to the option for "Should Mailman personalize each non-digest
delivery?"

"Select No to disable personalization and send messages to the members
in batches. Select Yes to personalize deliveries and allow additional
substitution variables in message headers and footers (see below). In
addition, by selecting Full Personalization, the To header of posted
messages will be modified to include the member's address instead of the
list's posting address. "

<#><#>Go to the option for "Footer added to mail sent to regular list
members."

Paste this text:

%(user_optionsurl)s

For all lists you are subscribed to at