[Mailman-Users] How to add a new Mailman CGI program?

Christoph Seiler cseiler at cyberspace.org
Mon Dec 29 21:38:21 CET 2003

Hi

I would like to add a new CGI program for Mailman, because the existing
scripts do not fit my needs. Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with
Mailman and this seems to be a bit complicated. So I would appreciate
any help.

Mailman is installed under /usr/lib/mailman/. Am I correct, if I place
my new CGI program in /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/? I did so and set the
owner to root and the group to list (like the existing programs).

My problem is, that this script runs, but it has no access to
/var/lib/mailman/lists/mylist/config.db (or any other file in the
list-directory). What permissions must be set?

I noticed that the existing CGI scripts are binary files, whereas my
script is a python-plainscript (with the shebang and all). Is this part
of the problem? How are these binary files compiled?

CS