[Mailman-Users] Second post: Admin/ListInfo problem

Michael Baehr usemike at spamblocked.com
Mon Dec 29 08:21:44 CET 2003

I've already posted once on this problem here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/msg21418.html

But I thought I'd make a second post as I've quite narrowed down
exactly what's occurring (and I appear to have misreported the problem
as well).

When I go to the listinfo or admin panels, any of the "global links",
such as "create a new mailing list" and "the mailing list overview
page", as well as the mailto (send questions and comments to ... ) are
broken.  My web server runs on port 312 thanks to my ISP's wise
decision of blocking port 80, so I went through the necessary steps to
configure Mailman to function properly with this (searching the
archives for quite a bit certainly helped).  Here's my mm_cfg.py ( host
changed to foo.com )

MTA = 'Postfix'
IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mail.foo.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'foo.com'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:312/mailman/'
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s:312/pipermail/%(listname)s'

When I say "broken", I mean that these links are using the Hosts: line
passed to them by apache as (hostname) instead of the one specified as
DEFAULT_URL_HOST.  When I go to the admin/listinfo pages using
foo.com:312, I get links such as:

http://foo.com:312:312/mailman/create
mailto:mailman at foo.com:312

Likewise, if I go using 192.168.1.103:312, I get:

http://192.168.1.103:312:312/mailman/create
mailto:mailman at 192.168.1.103:312

Links to my lists point correctly, and are obviously using the proper
base URL.  Likewise, in any list administration/archive/etc.. pages,
all the links are correctly formed, _except_ for those that point to
something global, such as "Overview of all mail.foo.com mailing lists".

Is there some way I can make mailman _not_ listen to the Hosts: line
from Apache (which is what it appears to be doing), and instead use the
base URLs I have specified?

Thanks for your help, and apologies to those who I confused by my
earlier post.