[Mailman-Users] Yet another "mailman on a nonstandard port" question

Michael Baehr usemike at spamblocked.com
Mon Dec 29 00:27:04 CET 2003

On Sunday, December 28, 2003, at 05:03 PM, Todd wrote:

> Michael Baehr wrote:
>> I've set up Apache to listen on a nonstandard port (312) and
>> configured
>> Mailman 2.1.3 to do the same.
>>
>> I have replaced my host with foo.com.  Here is my mm_cfg.py:
>>
>> MTA = 'Postfix'
>> IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'
>> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'mail.foo.com'
>> DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'foo.com'
>> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:312/mailman/'
>> PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s:312/pipermail/%(listname)s'
>> # add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> You show here that you've got add_virtualhost commented out.  So,
> according to the comments in Defaults.py, the values you entered in
> mm_cfg.py won't get used properly:
>
>     # If you don't need to change DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and
>     # DEFAULT_URL_HOST in your mm_cfg.py, then you're done; the
>     # default mapping is added automatically.  If however you change
>     # either variable in your mm_cfg.py, then be sure to also include
>     # the following:
>     #
>     #     add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> I would be curious to know what the settings for DEFAULT_URL_HOST and
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST are in Defaults.py.
>
> - --
> Todd        OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xD654075A | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
> You have to be 100% behind someone, before you can stab them in the
> back.

I remember disabling that in a vain attempt to debug.  After reenabling
it, running fix_url on both lists, and restarting, the problem still
persists.

The values I have defined in defaults.py are:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'foo.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'foo.com'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

I must note that when I go to the listinfo page for any particular
list, the mailto is correct, for example testinglist at mail.foo.com.

Why is it using my DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST for some emails but not others?