[Mailman-Users] Re: tokens for confirmations are too long

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Sat Dec 27 19:43:46 CET 2003

Brett Dikeman:
>The problem is that any URL longer than 80 characters will be chopped
>by many mail clients- Eudora, for example.

      I use Eudora and have no such problem.  I just sent myself one as a
test, and the confirmation URL, at 144 characters, is on one line.  Even
when I down size the window to force the link to wrap, it's still
clickable.  The cut and paste reply line is well below 80 characters, so I
can't see a problem there either.  Maybe it's your settings in Eudora?

Thomas Hochstein wrote:
>Perhaps one should rather fix such broken clients?

and David Gibbs  replied:
>If only that were feasable. :)
>
>Far easier to change one product, to provide a more compatible token,
>than to fix multiple mail clients to deal with the incompatible token.

      Mailman is hardly the only system using long tokens.

  confirm 797bd1e14586d2a80577f886dbdb045f5aee82ee

<>< Paul