[Mailman-Users] Mailman drops extension of attachment

gagel at cnc.bc.ca gagel at cnc.bc.ca
Tue Dec 23 19:57:25 CET 2003

See below...
----- Original Message Follows -----

http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/gagel%40cnc.bc.ca

http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/jonc%40nc.rr.com

> Follow the thread [Mailman-Users] Attachments - PDF Issue in the Nov
> 2003 archive and see if this is any help.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-November/032634.html

Read through the thread. No it didn't help. I change the filebase,
ignore to filebase, ext like the thread indicated but I still end up
with the same thing. The problem is the mailman handles the file name
and the fact that users are using long file names. Its not a problem
with the extention as I thought. Mailman drops the last part of the
file name off, so a file name like this:
PRESIDENT'S NEWSLETTER NO. 2 - 2003-2004 ACADEMIC December.pdf

Becomes a file name like this:
PRESIDENT'S NEWSLETTER NO. 2 - 2003-2004 ACADEMIC

So the December.pdf part is lost. I've verified it is not a MUA
problem by running tests in debug mode and checking what got sent to
Mailman. It is in the attachment handling routine of mailman that the
problem exists.

Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
(250) 561-5848 local 448