[Mailman-Users] Xmail+Mailman

jsmith jsmith at smittybuilt.com
Tue Dec 23 04:45:20 CET 2003

Hello all,

I am setting up a new freebsd box 5.1 and decided to get away from
sendmail and went with Xmail 1.17

I have only found really one document on the web that discusses this and
I have followed it as far as I can go.

I have ran configure and make install
Edited a few files and when I get to bin/newlist it asks a few questions
and then asks for a password.  At that poiint it just sits there and
never comes back ro finishes the newlist script.  If I hit Ctrl C I get
the following

Enter the name of the list: mailman
Enter the email of the person running the list: jsmith at holodeck1.net
Initial mailman password:
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/newlist", line 219, in ?
    main()
  File "bin/newlist", line 160, in main
    mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 453, in Create
    self.__lock.lock()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 312, in lock
    self.__sleep()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 496, in __sleep
    time.sleep(interval)
KeyboardInterrupt

Anyone have an experience with Xmail and Mailman 2.1.3 or a hint as to
where my problem exists?

Thanks for your help.