[Mailman-Users] admindb cgi functions don't work.

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 22 16:59:33 CET 2003

On 22 Dec 2003, Jon Carnes wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 09:25, Chris Johnson wrote:
> >      Hi.
> >
> >      I've updated to mailman 2.1.3 on my rh7.3 system.  The lists
> > work.  Most of the admin functions work.  Check_perms says everything
> > is ok.  However, the functions available from the admindb CGI don't
> > work.  They didn't in 2.1-8 either.  There seems to be no error log I
> > can locate.  I know admindb is running because I moved it and the Web
> > server complained, so it is looking at the right CGI.  But it doesn't
> > do any of the four available status changes when I try them on any
> > message in any list.  This would seem to indicate a systemic problem
> > in the CGI.  The group ownership is correct as is the SGID setting.
> >
> >      Are there any diagnostics I can turn on in mailman?  Does anyone
> > have ANY clue what might be going on here?  I have a backlog of held
> > messages I'd very much like to clear up.
> >
> >      Help GREATLY appreciated.
>
> I've seen this a few times, most often when the webserver using a
> redirect for the URL.  Also, make sure that you have the python2-dev rpm
> installed.
>
> Good Luck - Jon Carnes

     I have

python2-2.2.2-11.7.3
python2-devel-2.2.2-11.7.3

in the system.  And I'm running this directly off the system the lsts
are on.  So there are no URL redirects.

     If the python2 I'm using is any good then at least I think I know
what it isn't.  Hopefully.

     Thank you.  Any other ideas?

     I'm desperate enough that I'm tracking code.  If you're familiar
with it at all, the process_form fuction never gets called.  If I'm
reading the code right, admindb thinks my form submission isn't a form
submission.  Very strange.  I'm running the apache-1.3.27-3 rpm also.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Doctors don't save lives.  The best they can hope
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |to do is save life.  Not the same thing.  Me