[Mailman-Users] Pipermail template strangeness

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Dec 20 16:54:29 CET 2003

I've got a strange one here.   (mm 2.1.3, Python 2.3)

I can modify the following files in templates/en/, and have the changes applied
to the list archive pages (/pipermail/<listname>/) when I run "arch" and
manually regenerate the archive pages.  I added banner ads and removed the
"download the entire mbox" link.

archidxhead.html
archtoc.html
article.html
emptyarchive.html

etc.  However, when a post gets *automatically* added to the archive pages,
such as when someone posts to a list, the HTML pages generated are the "old"
style pages, with no ads and the index has the mbox download link again.

So, "arch" uses the files in templates/en/, but then those files aren't getting
used when mailman is automatically archiving posts as they come through.

Any ideas?

Bill

--
bill bradford